Friday 3 August 2007

ABUSE

NOTE:This is a figment of my imagination
Any minute now it would happen, I sat quietly in the dark waiting for the footsteps, everyone in the house was asleep. As the time passed I started to relax, maybe tonight would be different, I was drifting off into slumber land when I heard my door knob, I started shaking telling myself it was my baby sister, maybe she couldn’t sleep. I saw his face, the moonlight from my window made him look more menacing, I knew what was coming next, there was no use begging or crying, I was used to the pain, it had gone on for the past three years and there was nothing I could do about it, I remember when I tried to tell mum, it was like she wasn’t even hearing me, she told me I had been having nightmares, I constantly wondered if she actually knew what daddy did to me. I had thought about running away but Stacy was turning nine soon and that’s when it started for me, I needed to stay to protect her, as long as he kept coming to me, he wouldn’t go to her. After he finished, he lay on my bed and told me I was beautiful but he would soon stop coming for his nightly visits, I knew what he meant, Stacy was in trouble, what was I going to do, how do I stop him. I thought about this for a week and I came to a decision, I had only one choice.
He came into my room that night, it was like every other night, I waited till he got into bed with me, as he was going in and out of me I grabbed for it, I took it out of his closet earlier in the day, I had hidden it under my duvet, I shot him between the eyes and he lay lifeless on top of me, my mum was in my room in second, Stacy was right behind her. The first thing my mum exclaimed was Trina, what the hell did you do!!!, she saw her husband lying on top of me naked and all she could say was what did I do. She called the police, screaming on the phone that her husband has been shot, she got him off me and got him dressed.
When the police arrived, she screamed that they should take me away, saying I killed her husband, the police decided to talk to me in private and asked me why I had shot my dad, I told them the whole story and they took me in for a rape kit.
I’m now in a foster home, this is my third one, I currently see a psychiatrist because I cant sleep at night and I wont let my step dad a s much as hold my hand. My mum gave me up, she said she couldn’t stand to look at me since I was the one who murdered her husband, she never addressed the fact that her husband was molesting me and did so for a really long time, I’m really scared for Stacy, I hope this doesn’t happen to her with my mum turning a blind eye, I don’t get to see her so I don’t know if she’s okay but I pray for her everyday.

7 comments:

carlitos said...

participà en mi foro www.carlitos123-carlitos.blogspot.com

carlitos said...

participà en mi foro www.carlitos123-carlitos.blogspot.com

Admin UD said...

Wao, strange, very strange :(

If it really happened to someone, the devil of a man deserved to DIE!

Ubong Da said...

i find it hard to imagine that a mum would turn a blind eye to this.

Anu boy said...

why u go de think this kind stuff? na wa oh... poor girl mehn

O.šeyï said...

i believe every word of it. You'd be shocked what mothers turn their eyes. Not necessarily because they don't care but because it sounds absurd that any such thing could happen. Its negligence.

i hope we take it more seriously in Nigeria because it happens. 2/3rd of my friends have been molested or raped by family members and close friends.

Fantastic write-up.

Unknown said...

it happens a lot
i am not sorry trina killed her dad
i think she should find Jesus though
and the holy ghost

or she'll never be free
Abuse is rampant
so what can we do about it?
because whether we believe it or not,
its not only the moms that keep quiet
the pastors, priests, neighbor friends etc
Know that you are not alone

If you want to hook up and do something about it
holla at ur gal